Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Dubai
What is Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy is also known as Uterus Removal Surgery in Dubai. A hysterectomy in Dubai by Dr Pranjali Singhmay involve the removal of nearby organs and tissues, including the fallopian tubes and ovaries, depending on the operation’s goal. After a hysterectomy, you won’t be able to become pregnant or get your periods.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Dubai by Dr Pranjali Singh is a minimally invasive approach (keyhole surgery) as compared to open abdominal surgery. It is performed by introducing a small tube containing a telescope (laparoscope) and a tiny video camera through a small cut (incision) in abdomen. The whole surgery is performed by using instruments through these ports.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is a better alternative to abdominal hysterectomy in terms of less postoperative morbidity, early return to work, better cosmetic results, decreased need for antibiotics, less requirement of blood, less IV fluids, early discharge from hospital and improved quality of health care.
Types of Hysterectomy
It’s critical to talk about the type of hysterectomy that will be required based on your condition. Your fallopian tubes and ovaries may need to be removed depending on the results of this.
Total hysterectomy: Keeping your ovaries alone while removing your uterus and cervix.
Supracervical hysterectomy: Excision of only the upper portion of the uterus, leaving the cervix intact.
Total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: removing your ovaries, uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes (salpingectomy). Removing your ovaries will cause menopausal symptoms if you have never gone through it.
Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and radical hysterectomy: eliminating your uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, upper vagina, some surrounding tissue, and lymph nodes. When malignancy is present, this kind of hysterectomy is done.
Why are Hysterectomies performed?
Hysterectomies are performed to treat:
- Heavy or abnormal vaginal bleeding that isn’t managed by other treatment methods.
- Increased pelvic pain related to your uterus but not managed by other treatments.
- Severe pain with menses that isn’t managed by other treatment methods
- Leiomyomas or uterine fibroids (non cancerous tumors).
- Uterine prolapse (uterus that has “dropped” into the vaginal canal due to weakened muscles) can result in urinary incontinence or difficulty with bowel movements.
- Conditions with the lining of your uterus, like recurrent uterine polyps, adenomyosis, hyperplasia, or adenomyosis, are uterine lining-related conditions.
- Uterine or cervical cancer or abnormalities that may lead to cancer for cancer prevention.
Preparing for laparoscopic hysterectomy
For optimal strategy and ensuring safety of the procedure for laparoscopic hysterectomy in Dubai, Dr. Pranjali would evaluate you as follows:
- Pelvic examination
- Cervical and endometrial cancer screening
- Rule out infection (Cervical or vaginal infection)
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Blood sample typing and cross-matched
- Bowel preparation
- Informed Consent: Complications related to laparoscopy might include injury to the major vessels, bladder, ureter, and bowel. Also, conversion to laparotomy may be necessary if exposure and organ manipulation is limited or if bleeding is encountered that cannot be controlled with laparoscopic techniques.
What happens during laparoscopic hysterectomy in Dubai
Dr. Pranjali Singh performs uterus removal surgery in Dubai with great precision. Here’s how it’s done:
- A laparoscope (a thin tube with a camera appended at the end) is put in your lower abdomen through a tiny incision in your belly button.
- Several further tiny incisions are used to implant surgical instruments.
- Through the incisions in your belly or your vagina, your uterus can be taken out in little parts.
- Some patients leave the hospital the same day or the following morning.
- Compared to an abdominal hysterectomy, the full recovery is quicker and less painful.
Recovering from a laparoscopic hysterectomy in Dubai
Compared to abdominal hysterectomy, patients undergoing laparoscopic hysterectomy have faster return of normal bowel function, easier ambulation, and decreased analgesia requirements.
A clear liquid diet would be initiated the day of surgery, you would be mobilized on the same day and usually discharged the very next day.
Dr. Pranjali will go through recovery guidelines, such as limitations on your regular activities. Any worries concerning the treatment or your recovery should be brought up.
Schedule a Consultation today for Uterus Removal in Dubai
Schedule an appointment today to discuss your specific needs, understand the procedure in detail and the hysterectomy cost in Dubai, and receive personalized recommendations.
Contact us now to book your appointment.